This weekend is jam packed full of events and festivities, ultimately bringing everyone together this december. We recon this weekend is the busiest time of the year for events and parties so have you got your outfits sorted? Always best to team a pair of jeans with heels and a nice top but opt for MIH Jeans as they never loose their shape and fit you like glove, we have tones of different cuts and colours to suit you perfectly. And guys if you are going for jeans this weekend have you seen our Thvm Jeans? They are tough as old boots will always make you dapper and again they come in various colours, from tapered to skinny... oh and everything in between.
- Last weekend of INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL. This event has been running since 9th December until the 16th. The week-long film festival serves as a platform where local and international directors, film-makers, writers and actors can come together to share ideas and inspiration through workshops and seminars to help each other achieve success in the regional market. Many of its awards support up-and-coming young, local film makers and provide them with seed money and valuable industry connections. For visitors, DIFF is a festival like no other where film is used to cross boundaries, stereotypes and ideas, bringing a wide array of stories from local GCC countries to life. For industry professionals, this festival is an invaluable week for networking and gaining support from programmes and initiatives associated with the Dubai International Film Festival.
- The DUBAI MIDNIGHT MARATHON is to be launched on 12.12.12 at midnight (Wednesday night) at At.Mosphere, Burj Khalifa.by the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing with the slogan of "Safety Definitely Dubai" under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum and in partnership with Emaar and Dubai Sports Council. The Dubai Midnight Marathon is a proclamation to the world of the safe and secure environment that citizens and visitors of Dubai enjoy. The following day will be marked by festivities from 5pm with music concerts, celebrity events and family activities at the Burj Khalifa Park, followed by a 3.2 km fun run starting at midnight at the steps of the world's tallest building.
- THE CAMEL RACES are to take place from 11th until 13th December at Al Marmoum Camel Racetrack. The great thing about this event is that it is organized in an effort to preserve Emarati and Arab culture and tradition. Attended by race enthusiasts from the UAE and GCC countries, as well as global visitors, the event will be broadcast live on Dubai Racing TV channel. Races timings are 7am and 2.30pm.
- On the13th to 14th December at Dubai Autodrome will be hosting the 4th of its Total National Race Day Series as part of the DUBAI MOTOR SPORT FESTIVAL which will also include Porsche ME Cup Championship. It is open to all families, friends and fans of Motor sport, It is also a great opportunity to dress the part, get your Porsche and Ferrari Baseball caps at the ready!
- UIM CLASS 1 WORLD POWERBOAT CHAMPIONSHIPS is held from the 13th to 15th December. The Dubai Club International Marine is proud to welcome the Class 1 Powerboat drivers back to town, after they began the season in Doha back in March. They have since taken in races in Libreville, Gabon, and Cernobbio, Italy, and will finish the season off on December 21 in Abu Dabi. Since its launch in 1992, the championship has become a worldwide event, given the public and sports enthusiasts an opportunity to follow exciting international teams, including Dubai's Victory Team, Team Abu Dhabi and Qatar's Spirit of Qatar.This powerboat equivalent to motorsport’s Formula 1 features catamaran type offshore racing boats that reach speeds of over 200 km/h. What better way to spend your weekend then in your white jeans and chinos sipping your favorite drink overlooking the marina to see all the beautiful powerboats.
Information is from www.dubaicalender.ae